Curriculum Review: Advanced Pre-Med StudiesPosted: October 9, 2015
The Advanced Pre-Med Studies Package includes a Parent Lesson Planner (PLP), Building Blocks in Life Science, The Genesis of Germs, Body by Design, and Exploring the History of Medicine. Each of these books is beautifully designed and illustrated. The front cover of each one is in color and the inside content is in black and white. The reading material and workbook pages/questions are integrated into the same texts with answers in the back. More worksheets, tests, and quizzes are in the PLP and are set out in an easy to read format.
Here are additional features listed on the webpage New Leaf Publishing:
- Each suggested weekly schedule has three easy-to-manage lessons which combine reading, worksheets, and vocabulary-building. Designed to allow your student to be independent, materials in this resource are divided by section so you can remove quizzes, tests, and answer keys before beginning the coursework.
- As always, you are encouraged to adjust the schedule and materials as you need to in order to best work within your educational program.
- Workflow: Students will read the pages in their book and then complete each worksheet. Tests and quizzes are given at regular intervals with space to record each grade.
- Lesson Scheduling: Space is given for assignment dates. There is flexibility in scheduling. While each quarter has 45 days of assignments, they do not have to be given M-F. Some students may prefer to do more assignments each day, allowing for breaks on other days. Each week listed has five days but due to vacations, the school work week may not be M-F.
- Parent Lesson Planners are easy-to-use with suggested daily schedules, as well as three-hole, punched perforated pages so worksheets, quizzes, and tests can be easily removed before students begin their coursework
Any student interested in the possibility of a career in the medical field will benefit from this Biblically-integrated science course. In today’s world, the battle between evolutionary theories and creationist theories is real! Many leave the body to science alone and withdraw God’s creation and His healing power and authority on how to maintain the body as if it did not matter. This curriculum explains both and makes it clear what the Word says about each topic without discounting the discoveries made throughout history in the field of medicine and biology.
Masterbooks and New Leaf Publishers have never disappointed with their books, DVDs, and curriculum. I am a happy mommy and teacher when using their supplies!
Disclaimer: I received this curriculum as part of the Moms of Master books blogging program free of charge. This does not guarantee a favorable review.