Biblical Principals of Work and Finance
Moneywise is a 3 DVD Series with 14 lessons on what God says about money. The creators of this DVD set introduce the series with several promises of exciting interactions and visuals within the 13 week series of Moneywise lessons. Do they deliver? Yes!
Chad Hovind approaches the lessons with vivid visuals and interesting historical content. As an educator, I enjoy the fact that he is not only including facts about how to organize finances but rather shared and integrated a Biblical view of managing money. Although the content may be difficult for uninterested students, it is full of valuable information supported on the web through Godenomics.com.
As he progresses through the lessons Hovind lays out one opportunity after another to create connections between the Bible and prosperity. He begins with, Godonomics-What The Almighty Says About The Almighty Dollar, continued with, Godonomics and the Marketplace-Whistle While You: Work, Profit, Lead, Rest, Give, and finishes with, Common Sense Godonomics and the Wisdom of Solomon: Whistle While You: Manage, Spend, Serve and Give Freely.
There is so much information in this series you will want to go over it more than once.
I was given a free copy of this product through MasterBooks.com in exchange for my honest opinion. I wasn’t required to write a positive review, nor was I compensated in any other way. All opinions expressed are my own.
Book Review by LG
Good Monday : Keep Digging Consistently
by George Galindo | on July 1, 2013
In the famous, inspirational, movie The Miracle, we here the main character played by Kurt Russell say this powerful word : “Again!”
Miracle tells the true story of Herb Brooks, the player-turned-coach who led the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team to victory over the seemingly invincible Russian squad. If you haven’t seen it, here’s a small clip.
Now, the movie was incredibly powerful because of the power of belief and teamwork. But today I wanted to emphasize the word, “Again!”
It’s been used in other movies as well. The setting involves the student and the master. The student may be frustrated or exhausted. Yet the master or mentor knows and understands the power of consistent motion and repetition. Though the student may not understand, it ultimately leads to a victorious ending!
This Good Monday, I was reminded of the verse found in Galatians 6:9. I paraphrase here : “Do not grow weary, or lose heart, in well doing. Dig in again today. Here comes your Overflow!” #ConsistencyCan
There are three simple things you can do to develop consistency in any endeavor.
1. Speak Positively : Don’t declare self-defeating things like, “I’ll never…” or “Why can’t I…” Instead re-frame your words into empowering phrases like, “I can, I will…” or “I am always improving and advancing!”
2. Build Momentum : Start with something small or easy and build up from there. Getting started can be challenging but if you begin to have small victories this will propel you to more and more positive momentum.
3. Team Work : As depicted in the clip above, we see that we can increase our results and overcome more odds when we know we have, both, the support of others, and when we know others are counting on us. Accountability is critical and will empower us to be able to get to the next level.
In a previous post I mentioned the power of masterminding. Here’s a small sampling of a team we’re involved with that is building momentum and igniting various business endeavors through the three principles mentioned above.
Take massive action consistently! This is the key to overcoming every endeavor!
I just love Dani’s advice! This is another tip I teach my students through the entrepreneurship class I offer here at SEC and realized this is also good “parent food!” Enjoy! When you have success using these tips tell us about it!
Happy Monday to you! I hope you are ready to make it a great week!
I’m really excited about what we get to talk about today. There are some very simple, easy things you can do that will completely transform your finances. How do I know? Because I have given these exact same tips to tens of thousands of others, and they have watched their finances change right in front of their eyes.
Like Renae, who literally found an extra $2,500 lying around each month (I’m going to show you where in just a minute!) and paid off $158K of debt in just over 2 years. Or Stuart, who realized he had an extra $600 going to waste every month, and he paid off $20K of debt in 2 years.
I promise you, if you ask Renae or Stuart how it feels to be free from the burden and the torment of debt, they will tell you there is just nothing like it! Nothing can replace the feeling of financial freedom. Nothing can compare to the feeling of knowing you owe nothing to anyone. Can you imagine???
Without debt and financial pressure, you would have more money in savings. You would have money to invest. You would pay cash for the things you buy. You would be building wealth for generations to come.
Without debt, you would increase your business savings. You would have assets instead of debt. You could give your employees raises and bonuses. You could donate to more charities. You could even start your own charity!
You could go on an absolute dream vacation to Bora Bora. You could travel the world and eat the most incredible, amazing, flavorful foods from all corners of the earth. You could do all of the things you always dreamed of doing, but couldn’t do because of your financial limitations.
I know what you’re thinking. “Yeah whatever, Dani. It’s nice to think about, but you don’t understand. We can barely make ends meet as it is. It’s just silly to be thinking of all those other things.”
Remember earlier when I told you about Renae and Stuart? They both have an amazing story of going from totally enslaved by debt to breaking free from that bondage! And guess what… You’re next!
I have 3 very simple tips I want to share with you today that are really going to show you some places where you may be losing money:
- Avoid catalogs! Get rid of department store catalogs and get off of email lists today. CANCEL your catalogs from Victoria’s Secret, Apple, electronic stores, nutrition stores, and the rest of the traps where you shop. Think about it… The only reason they have your address or your email address is to sell you something. These catalogs and emails are nothing but sales letters.
- Sell your stuff! Have a garage sale. You don’t need tons of stuff! It just takes time to manage, dust, and keep clean and organized. So sell it! Use the money to pay off debt or to invest. I once had a garage sale, and we made $2,600 in one weekend in my tiny little town. I also sold a bunch of my clothes and made $2,000. That’s $4,600 from STUFF! Do I miss any of it? No way! Heck, I don’t even remember what I sold! Neither will you…
- Eat what is in your pantry! Do not go to the grocery store until all the food in your house is gone. For most people that is at least 30 days. (I’ve even had clients who said they didn’t go to the grocery store for 6 months!) See, we have been trained to think that our refrigerators and pantries are supposed to be well-stocked. But, my friend, you have been duped by advertising. If you do not go to the grocery store for the next 30 days and eat everything in your pantry, that is CASH in your kitchen! Take the money you would have spent on food and attack your debt with it.
You really have to stop and ask yourself, “Is this stuff really worth the bondage, the hardship, and the struggle of debt?” I’m telling you, it’s NOT! Like I said earlier, NOTHING can replace the feeling of financial freedom.
My friend, you were designed for wealth, not for bondage. You have a destiny and a calling of total freedom on your life. So it’s time to step up and step into that freedom! And it starts with these small, simple steps.
You know as well as I do that there are millions of people who are struggling financially, wondering how they’re going to put food on the table, and desperately looking for help. Even right now as you read this, there are people you and I both know who need to read this message.
You could be the answer to someone’s prayer by simply passing this message along to them. So please share this post on Facebook and Twitter. Print it out and pass it around your office, your church, or your kids’ school. You do your part and I’ll do mine, and together I believe we can help to turn our nation and our world around.
Other than that, I hope you have a really great Monday. And until next time, God bless!
In great faith,